Sunday, January 27, 2008
where 43rd war was held
The 43rd war is based in El Salvador because in the "Nations of the World Atlas" It ways that El Salvador was torn by civil war. The main religion is Roman Catholic (Collins), like in the book, when the villagers died, it says that they put a cross on the grave. The cross is a Catholic sign, and the main language is Spanish. They speak Spanish a lot in the book. (43rd War). It says that there is a lot of guerilla warfare in El Salvador which agrees with the book because they use it a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So Melissa i did not know that Uno was Roman Catholic. I also talked about the religion in my post. I also said that the atlacatl, which is a volocano.So yes it is El Savador.
Good job Melissa on your researching, I agree with what you say, although some of the facts are a little bit too general and could apply to anywhere in Central America. But on the whole, greeat job!
Melissa, a good post with which I strongly agree. Some of the ideas could be developed some more, but overall, I like all the points you made. Well done!!
Melissa, I completely agree that the book was set in El Salvador. But, when you mentioned that the country spoke spanish, that fact is a bit TOO general, because all of the countries in Central America speak Spanih. Overall, great job!!! = D
Melissa, I agree with how most of your evidence, however saying that you agree with it because it speaks spanish is a little general, because most of Central Americans speak spanish. Other than that you have made good strong argument. Well done! : )
Post a Comment